Continuing its expansion into private label health care products, Amazon has launched several new Solimo brand first aid items.
The new items include:
- Solimo Hand Sanitizer with Vitamin E
- Solimo Hydrogen Peroxide Topical Solution
- Solimo Medicated Calamine Anti-Itch Lotion
- Solimo First Aid Antiseptic Spray, 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Solimo First Aid Antiseptic, 10% Povidone Iodine Solution
- Solimo Lubricant Laxative Mineral Oil
- Solimo Clear Anti-Itch Lotion
Vine reviews for Solimo Hand Sanitizer are dated since September, though the rest of the items don’t have any Vine reviews. It’s possible they may in the coming weeks.
This is Amazon’s first private label hand sanitizer product. It also offers hand sanitizer from the Amazon Exclusive Mountain Falls brand, which it also labels as “Our Brand”.
Currently, hand sanitizer searches in Amazon’s US store are dominated by sponsored listings and headline search ads from Purell. Purell is the flagship brand of GOJO Industries, Inc., which is headquartered in Akron, Ohio.
Purell and Mountain Falls dominate organic search results for “hand sanitizer” on Amazon’s US store as well, with Germ-x, Babyganics, Cleanwell, and Bath and Body Works also present.
Amazon is in the process of ramping up its physical retail infrastructure as well. It’s possible that Amazon could stock those stores with first aid items, decreasing the number of trips made to traditional retail drug stores like Walgreens, Longs, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, and many others.