Since 2015, when Amazon opened its first physical retail store (Amazon Books in Seattle’s University Village), Amazon has been growing its physical retail presence throughout North America. When Amazon acquired Whole Foods, it added hundreds of new locations. Today, Amazon operates over 550 physical retail venues, ranging from its Amazon Go automated food stores to its roving Amazon Treasure Trucks.
The TJI Amazon Physical Retail Map is a starting point for researchers and analysts to navigate Amazon’s physical retail efforts. It was created and is edited by Justin Smith, Founder of TJI Research. This is an independent, unofficial resource and is updated on an ongoing basis. Please contact us with tips or to let us know of any errors or omissions below. TJI is not affiliated with or endorsed by Amazon.com, Inc.
| Amazon Go (21)
Amazon 4-star (9)
Amazon Books (21)
AmazonFresh Pickup (2)
| Whole Foods Market (487)
Whole Foods 365 (12)
Allegro Coffee Roasters (7)
New To-Be-Named Grocery Store (1)
| Amazon Treasure Truck (30)
Presented by Amazon Kiosks (4)
Other UK Kiosks & Pop-ups (6)
- You can turn layers on and off by clicking the icon in the top left corner of the map above, and then ticking the checkbox next to each type of retail location/venue.
- Amazon Treasure Trucks move around to various locations in the cities in which they are stationed, though they are shown on the map above in a single location. UK Treasure Trucks are in different cities on different days.
- The Allegro Coffee Roasters locations outside of Denver are inside Whole Foods Market locations, but we have included them separately here. A handful of Amazon Pop-Ups are located inside Whole Foods Market locations as well.
- A few locations included above are opening soon (and are generally noted as such on the map pins).
- Some pop-ups/kiosks are temporary installations. Those are not included in the map above. The pop-ups/kiosks included in the map above are believed to be ongoing locations; most of them are in malls. Amazon Pop-Ups and Smart Home Experience Pop-Ups that previously were included on this map have been removed after Amazon announced their closure in April 2019.
- The above map is built on Google Maps. Pin locations are based on Google Maps’ address data.