Amazon just published its holiday press release, as it usually does this time of year. Here are a few highlights from this year’s edition.
The most noteworthy item in our view is, “This holiday season, tens of millions of people worldwide started Prime free trials or began paid memberships.” As Amazon’s US Prime growth eventually slows, we’re interested in seeing where Amazon’s Prime membership growth is coming from.
– This holiday season, tens of millions of people worldwide started Prime free trials or began paid memberships
– Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices this holiday season compared to last year
– The last Prime Now delivery on Christmas Eve was made at 11:30 pm in Berkeley, CA and included LEGO Super Heroes Captain America Building Kit, a Hallmark card, Greek yogurt, and shampoo
– Alexa delivered 8x as many reminders this holiday season compared to last.
– Some of the best-selling products from Amazon brands in the U.S. included Amazon Essentials Men’s Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts, Goodthreads Men’s Short-Sleeve Crewneck Cotton T-Shirts, Daily Ritual Women’s Skinny Stretch Jeggings, the Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table Lamp, Pinzon Faux Fur Throw Blankets, AmazonBasics Multipurpose Scissors, Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Presto! Toilet Paper, and Solimo Dark Roast Coffee K-Cup Pods.
– More than 50 percent of items sold in our stores this holiday season came from small and medium-sized businesses.
– The best-selling product at Amazon Go this holiday season was Amazon Go Theo Dark Chocolate Bar, Cacao with Sea Salt, and the best-selling freshly prepared food was the chicken bahn mi sandwich.
– The fastest grocery delivery this holiday season took place in St. Paul, Minnesota and was delivered in 12 minutes and 19 seconds, and contained La Croix Sparkling Water and Zevia soda.