Twelve Belei brand products are now live on Amazon.com in the US, including moisturizers, eye cream, cleansing wipes, masks, and spot treatments. Belei’s brand messaging is focused on simplicity and transparent ingredient. No products contain sulfates, parabens, or phthalates, and product detail pages contain full ingredient lists.
The Belei brand items we are seeing include:
- Belei Bio-Complex Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Belei Blemish Control Spot Treatment
- Belei Charcoal Balancing Mask
- Belei Dark Spot Solution Serum
- Belei Ferulic Acid + Vitamins C and E Serum
- Belei Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Belei Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
- Belei Oil-Free Micellar Facial Cleansing Wipes
- Belei Retinol Refining Moisturizer
- Belei Triple-Peptide Eye Cream
- Belei Vitamin C Moisturizer
- Belei Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Amazon has previously sold beauty and personal care items under its Solimo private label brand, as well as other Amazon Exclusive “Our Brands,” but Belei is the first Amazon US private label brand we have seen dedicated to beauty.
In January, Amazon started selling private label cosmetics in Europe under its Find brand.
The launch of Belei is Amazon’s latest move in its effort to grow its private label portfolio and selection. It’s the 138th private label brand from Amazon that we are tracking. In addition, Amazon has been growing its assortment within many of its private label brand substantially over the last year.
Amazon is promoting Belei products with advertisements in its beauty section and “25% off” coupons.
Brands like Olay, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Clinique, and Neutrogena, and retailers that rely heavily on beauty like Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy’s, and Neiman Marcus will likely be taking note of how Amazon steers the Belei brand.
We’ll continue to track Amazon’s private label efforts here at TJI.