TJI Research LLC
Date of last revision: September 17, 2018
Who We Are?
The name of our company is TJI Research LLC, and we’re a company located in Colorado, in the United States, that publishes news, analysis, and research on our website and via email. Some of this content is accessible only to paid subscribers or people who have signed up for a free email.
What Is This?
Just so we’re clear, whenever we say “we,” “us,” “our,” or “ourselves”, we’re talking about TJI Research LLC and whenever we say “you” or “your,” we’re talking about the person or business who has decided to use our services. And since we do a lot of different stuff, when we talk about our services, we mean any of our websites, emails, or apps; or any features, products, graphics, text, images, photos, audio, video, or similar things we use.
Why Are We Showing You This?
We value and respect your privacy. That is why we strive to only use your information when we think that doing so improves your experience in using our services. If you feel that we could improve in this mission in any way, or if you have a complaint or concern, please let us know by sending us your feedback to the following email address: email@example.com.
Our goal is to be as transparent and open about our use of information and data as possible, so that our users can benefit from both the way they provide information and how we use it.
Information Collection and Use
In using the services, you may be asked to provide us a variety of information– some of which can personally identify you and some that cannot. We may collect, store, and share this personal information with third parties, but only in the ways we explain in this policy. Here’s how we do it and why we do it:
A. Personally Identifiable Information: How we collect it.
Personally identifiable information is data that can be used to contact or identify a single person. Examples include your name, you phone number, your email, your address, and your IP address. We collect this kind of information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: We collect your name, your email, your company, and your title. We collect this information to learn a little bit about you, to send you our newsletters or subscriptions services you’ve signed up for, and to otherwise provide the services.
- Information we obtain from analytics tools we have: This includes device information, internet protocol address, cookies, and location information. We collect this information through Google Analytics and MailChimp, and this information helps us manage data on users and site activity.
- We collect your payment information through Stripe via Memberful when you sign up for any subscription service.
B. Personally Identifiable Information: How we use it.
TJI Research LLC uses your information in the following ways:
- Contact you via email
- Send you newsletters you request
- Provide you our services
- Improve our website performance
- Tailor our services to your needs and the way you use our services
C. Who We Share Your Information With and Why
TJI Research LLC only shares your information with third parties in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- We will share your analytics information with Google Analytics and WPEngine to manage hosting of the website and to provide our services. WPEngine manages website user login data (which includes your name and email address).
- We share your name and email address with MailChimp to distribute our mailing list.
- We share your name, email address, and credit card or other payment information with Stripe to process payments.
- We share your name, email address, and membership account information with Memberful to manage subscriptions to our services. Credit card data is collected by Memberful on our website and shared with Stripe, but is not stored on Memberful’s or our servers. Your credit card payment details are managed by Stripe and are not released to Memberful or us except the date and amount of each payment, the last four digits of your credit card, expiration date, zip code, and issue country.
- We will share all collected information to the extent necessary and as required by law or to comply with any legal obligations, including defense of our company.
D. Your Choices in What Information You Share
For users who do not register for the site, only standard analytics taken from Google Analytics, WPEngine, and related tools will be collected from you. This information is mostly anonymous, but it also includes your IP address, which can be considered personally identifiable information. Our registration process related to your other personal information only begins when you register for the site. We will request your consent to use your data at that time. We require your personal data as part of your contract with us so we can provide you those services. We will not use your data for more than the purpose for which it was collected.
E. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information includes general details about your device and connection (including the type of computer/mobile device, operating system, web-browser or other software, language preference, and hardware); general information from the app store or referring website; the date and time of visit or use; and, internet content provider information.
F. How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your personally identifiable information for as long as you use our services, or until you request in writing that we delete or otherwise remove your personally identifiable information.
G. Where We Keep and Transfer Your Information
Our business is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we share your information are as well. Our servers are located here and this is where your data and information will be stored.
Please be aware if you are a citizen of another country, and if you live in Europe in particular, that your information will be transferred out of your home country and into the United States. The United States might not have the same level of data protection as your country provides.
Based outside of the EU, we do not focus our business in the EU. Our processing of personal data from individuals in the EU is occasional and is not targeted to reveal race; ethnicity; political, religious, or philosophical beliefs; trade union memberships; health; sexual activity; or, sexual orientation.
If you would like more information about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. EU Rights to Information
According to the laws of the European Union (except for limited exceptions, where applicable), anyone in those countries has the right to:
- Be informed about their data and its processing
- Have access to their data
- Correct any errors in their data
- Erase data from our records
- Restrict processing and use of data
- Data portability
- Object to the use of their data, including for the purpose of automated profiling and direct marketing
- Make decisions about automated decision making and profiling
Protecting Your Information
A. Keeping it Safe
TJI Research LLC makes reasonable and commercially feasible efforts to keep your information safe. Though we are a small business, we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We restrict access to your personal information to those who need to know it, are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Encrypt many of our services using SSL,
- Provide additional security through our hosting services, and
- Regularly review our processes to consider if there are any additional improvements we can make to our systems.
That said, no organization or business can guarantee 100% data protection. With that in mind, we also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will inform both you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach, as and when required by law.
B. Links to Other Websites
Our site has links to the sites, content, and services of other businesses, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, and other third parties. Any products or services found through a link to any of these other sites are subject to separate privacy policies. TJI Research LLC is not liable for any content provided or actions taken by such third parties.
C. Posting Content to Our Site or Social Media
Any content you post on this site or others, including through social media links, is likely to become publicly available and may not be fully revocable or erasable by TJI Research LLC, because it will have become available to third parties. You can always ask us to delete information in our possession, but we cannot force anyone else to erase your information. Please be aware that you publish such information at your own risk.
D. Do Not Track Signals
Some technologies, such as web browsers or mobile devices, provide a setting that when turned on sends a Do Not Track (DNT) signal when browsing a website or app. There is currently no common standard for responding to DNT Signals or even in the DNT signal itself. We currently do not have any technology implemented to process DNT Signals.
E. Use by Minors
This website, its content, and our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. Content on this site is not likely to be of interest to most minors. TJI Research LLC does not knowingly collect information from those under the age of 13 or persons in the EU under the age of 16. If TJI Research LLC learns it has accidentally collected such information, it will be deleted.
If you are a parent and your minor child has provided us personal information, you have the right to contact us and require that we: (a) permit you to review the personal information provided, and (b) remove and delete the personal information provided. To do so, upon you contacting us, we must take reasonable steps to confirm you are the parent. You may contact us for such a request at any time at email@example.com.
F. Compliance with Regulators
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your home country, where available, relating to the processing of any personal data you feel may have violated local regulations.
General Information for Your Further Understanding
A. No Unsolicited Personal Information Requests
We will never ask you for your personal information in an unsolicited letter, call, or email. If you contact us, we will only use your personal information if necessary to fulfill your request.
TJI Research LLC respects the rights of all of its users, regardless of location or citizenship. If you have any questions or concerns about any of these rights, or if you would like to assert any of these rights at any time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. Questions about Policy